The Downtown Newark Association has been a formal organization since May 2007. We now have over 50 members, which include business owners, city government officials, media, entertainment, and non-profit organizations. The Goal and purpose of the DNA is to improve and promote Downtown Newark. We sponsor and participate in many downtown events. We have adopted areas to plant and maintain, and we work on many other worthwhile projects. For information about joining the Downtown Newark Association, email email@example.com or fill out our membership application.
Newark, Ohio was founded in 1802 by Maj. William C. Schenk, who came to Ohio from Newark, New Jersey. It was incorporated into a town in 1826 and became a city in 1860. Our beautiful Second Empire Courthouse was dedicated in 1876 as the 4th courthouse on this site. It is surrounded by the Downtown Newark National Register Historic District which contains more than 90 well-preserved late 19th early 20th century commercial structures, representing a wide variety of architectural styles. Many of the shops, restaurants, attractions and points of interest are housed in these structures.
P.O. Box 13
Newark, Ohio 43058 0013